Participation in the UN Global Compact
On January 26, 2012, the Nippon Chemi-Con Group announced our support for and participation in the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
The UN Global Compact is comprised of 10 principles aimed at creating a global framework for the realization of sustainable growth.
As one of business associations in UN Global Compact, Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation will continuously improve CSR through our daily business activities by taking in the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact.
The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
- Human Rights
- Principle 1Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.