Nippon Chemi-Con Group Charter of Corporate Behavior
Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation and its affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Nippon Chemi-Con Group" or the "group") hereby declare that the group companies engage in their business activities not only to pursue appropriate profits but also as a reliable corporate group that contributes broadly to society through fair, transparent and free business transactions under the following nine behavioral principles.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall anticipate social needs and supply safe and socially beneficial goods and services to earn the confidence of its customers.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall disclose its appropriate corporate information through increased contact with society, in addition to shareholders and customers.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall maintain normal and proper relationships with political entities and government agencies, and promote active corporate activities under the economic rule of fair, transparent and free competition.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall proactively commit itself to the preservation of global environments toward the goal of realizing a society where environments and people coexist.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall support social contribution activities that are entrenched in local communities and actively contribute to the creation of a more peaceful society.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall respect the culture and customs of other nations and strive to manage overseas activities, from a global viewpoint, to contribute to the development of local communities.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall maximally work to develop the self-esteem of its employees and to keep the worksite safe and orderly.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall build up internal systems to promote awareness of this charter among all those concerned parties, and shall encourage the management executives of the respective group companies to put the spirit of this charter in practice.
- Should any violation arise in challenge to the substance of the charter, the related management executives shall resolve the issue and strive to prevent recurrence of similar violations. Disciplinary actions shall be taken to those involved in the violation, including the highest levels of management where necessary.
Nippon Chemi-Con Group Business Conduct Guidelines
These business conduct guidelines summarize the routine mind-sets of management executives and the employees (hereinafter referred to as "We") of the Nippon Chemi-Con Group, which should be adhered to in the spirit of the Nippon Chemi-Con Group Charter of Corporate Behavior.
As members of a corporate group that seeks harmony with international society from a global perspective and supplies people worldwide, including stakeholders in local communities, with valuable products and services, we shall observe the laws and regulations in the respective countries and take sincere actions under high standards of corporate ethics and social consciousness.
1. Scope of Application
- These business conduct guidelines shall apply to all management executives and employees of the Nippon Chemi-Con Group companies.
2. Spirit of Compliance
- We shall observe the laws and regulations in the respective countries, adhere to the accepted rules of local communities and improve internal regulations as required so that they can be completely understood and complied with.
3. Esteem of Basic Human Rights
- We shall observe the basic human rights of each employee as individual.
4. Mutual Understanding of Different Cultures and Customs
- We shall recognize that many nations and ethnic groups coexist on Earth with a variety of cultures and customs, and our corporate activities shall be pursued in mutual respect of such cultures and customs.
Maintaining Good Relationships with Stakeholders Including Shareholders, Customers and Suppliers
1. Open-Minded Corporation
- We shall aim to create a company that discloses corporate information adequately in a timely manner to gain confidence as good members of society.
- We shall appropriately disclose corporate information through our Web site and IR activity.
2. Supply of Safe and High-Quality Products and Services
- We shall supply high-quality products and services with complete attention to safety.
- We shall develop creative technologies and products based on customers' needs.
- We shall actively promote a quality management system to maintain high levels of quality to ensure customers' confidence.
3. Fair and Free Competition
- We shall observe applicable laws and regulations in the respective countries and engage in business activities to promote fair and free competition worldwide.
- We shall engage in fair transactions without soliciting any suppliers and/or customers money, gifts and entertainment for self-interested purposes by taking advantage of our trading position.
4. Export / Import Control
- We shall observe applicable laws and regulations concerning exports and imports in the respective countries to carry out fair export/import transactions.
- We shall observe the applicable laws and regulations in the respective countries concerning exports of arms and ordnance-related technology that could hinder the peace and/or safety of society. Accordingly, we shall fully adhere to this view in exporting products and services.
Commitment to Environmental Issues
1. Preservation of the Environment
- Under the corporate philosophy of "Contributing to Environmentally and People Friendly Technology," we shall pursue a society where environments and people coexist.
- We shall endeavor to streamline environmentally friendly R&D and production activities, as well as green procurement/purchase systems, to preserve the Earth's environment.
- We shall actively address further promotion of energy conservation, chemical substance control, resource conservation, and the waste reduction and recycling in conducting our businesses.
- We shall proactively supply environment-conscious products and services.
- We shall actively promote our environment management system.
To Be a Corporate Citizen with Roots in Local Communities
1. Relationship with Local Communities
- We shall recognize the importance of communications with local communities, create good relationships with those communities and participate in social contribution activities adapted to local conditions.
- We shall value the cultures and customs in the respective countries and attempt to identify adequate corporate management to develop local economies in extending the international deployment of business.
2. Relationship with Antisocial Groups/Organizations
- We shall never support or assist any antisocial groups or organizations in any country and shall take a firm attitude toward such antisocial activities.
3. Political Entities and Government Agencies
- We shall prudently maintain normal and proper relationships with political entities and government agencies in the respective countries.
Raising the Morale of Individuals
1. Challenging Spirit
- We shall continuously undertake innovative measures to generate initiative with a spirit of challenge.
- We shall promote competence through discipline and encourage continuing self-enlightenment in the pursuit of developing talented professionals who could excel in the group companies or beyond.
2. Business Manners to Be Respected at Worksites
- We shall endeavor to improve our individual conduct and manners as management executives and employees of the Nippon Chemi-Con Group companies.
- We shall respect each other at comfortable worksites in a positive atmosphere, encourage greetings and comply with rules on morals and business manners.
- We shall never allow infighting or discriminatory actions at our worksites due to race, skin color, religion and sex or physical characteristics including sexual harassment.
3. Entertainment and Gift-Giving
- We shall not deviate from the socially accepted and customarily offered standards regarding the receiving and granting of entertainment and/or gifts. Moreover, we shall observe the applicable laws and regulations in the respective countries and shall not receive or grant unjust entertainment and/or gifts from/to civil servants or those who might be deemed as such in the respective countries.
4. Prohibition of Insider Transactions
- We shall never conduct any insider transactions on the basis of information obtained in the course of our jobs.
Toward Realizing a Better Worksite Environment
1. Worksite Environment
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall endeavor to create safe and state-of-the-art worksites where employees feel comfortable in line with the circumstances in the respective countries.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall conduct its employee relations fairly and transparently without discrimination due to race, skin color, sex, region and so on, and observe applicable laws in the respective countries with regard to the treatment of employees.
2. Developing Self-Esteem
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall develop the self-esteem of its employees and endeavor to keep the worksite environment safe and orderly to allow its human resources to fully demonstrate their capabilities.
3. Safety and Hygiene
- We shall keep the worksite environment safe and orderly, continuously monitoring the safety and sanitation of each establishment to prevent the occurrence of accidents.
- We shall observe the applicable laws under the occupational safety and health policies of the respective countries.
- We shall strive to minimize the actual damages of an accident if any such accident has regrettably occurred.
4. Prohibited Employment of Children
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall prohibit any children who have not reached the minimum employment age prescribed by the national or local laws in the respective countries or regions from working at its worksites from the viewpoint of children's protection.
Thorough Information Management
1. Protection of Corporate Properties
- We shall adequately manage all tangible and intangible assets of the group companies, prevent them from being damaged or stolen and prohibit them from being used for any purpose other than a business purpose. We shall also allow for confidentiality on trade secret information and shall not disclose or divulge such information without the prior approval of the related group company.
2. Privacy Protection
- We shall use personal and/or customer information, which has been acquired in the course of our jobs, only for a business purpose. Accordingly, we shall strictly control our information through an upgraded information management system to prevent it from being divulged outside the company.
Buildup of Effective Operation and Administration Systems
1. Information Disclosure
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall openly disclose its views via its Web site to introduce the Nippon Chemi-Con Group Charter of Corporate Behavior and the Nippon Chemi-Con Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
- The Nippon Chemi-Con Group shall set up an inquiry window concerning the Nippon Chemi-Con Group Charter of Corporate Behavior and the Nippon Chemi-Con Group Business Conduct Guidelines within the Administration Department, Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation.
2. Thorough Permeation of Preventive Measures
- Management executives shall always take the initiative in practicing these business conduct guidelines, and we shall take action with these guidelines always in mind.
- Should any violation arise that challenges the substance of the guidelines, the related management executives and all the group companies shall resolve the issue, formulate necessary measures to prevent the recurrence of such an improper situation and implement those measures immediately.
3. Penal Regulations
- Should any violation arise that challenges the substance of the guidelines, the violator(s) shall be punished in accordance with the working regulations of the related group company.